500 g white long grain rice
4 Roma tomatoes
4 Red bell peppers
2 white medium-sized onions
1 Habanero pepper
1 tablespoon of Jollof rice spice
½ teaspoon of thyme
3 bay leaves
Salt to taste
- Chop 1 onion
- Blend bell peppers, habanero peppers, tomatoes and 1 onion
- Parboil the white rice for about 14 minutes and drain
- Heat ¼ cup of peanut or vegetable oil
- Add chopped onions and thyme. Stir for 2 minutes
- Add blended tomato mix and bay leaves. Cook for 15 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Add jollof spice mix and stock cubes. Let simmer for about 5 minutes
- Add parboiled rice into the tomato mix. Add 150 ml of water and 150 ml of chicken stock. Cook on low heat for 15 – 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Serve and enjoy.